Ok, I’ve been using this once again regularly now and it Really does work! It’s super easy to make, it’s tasty, it’s cheap and it’s a natural remedy for those sneeze down feeling games! Few important trick must be applied to get the full benefits.
Coconut oil is added for absorption, black pepper to activate turmeric but adding honey only on cooled milk as it can be poisoned otherwise. This all smart talk is from Ayurveda principals.
Why do you want to use this?
- Supports digestion
- Anti Inflammatory
- Strengthens immune function
- Helps in maintaining cholesterol levels
- Digestive tract
- Regulates high blood pressure
- Memory and brain function
- Triglyceride reduction
- Neurological disorders
- Detoxifies liver, and even possibly offers protection from some types of cancer
- maximizes the natural antioxidant power of turmeric because it is a) hot and b) combined with other beneficial spices and a little bit of fat.
How to make it:
Paste (you make this once and you can keep it in the fridge for months)
- ¼ cup turmeric
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup filtered water
Bring it to boil on high heat and mix constantly until paste is formed
- Add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
Keep it refrigerated in a glass jar. It can be stored for months.
Golden Milk (1 dcl max.) for one serving
- 1 cup of milk of your choice (coconut or cashew is my favorite; its sweet taste gives a nice flavour)
Heat up the milk the add
- 1 teaspoon of Paste
- + optional: ginger and cayenne pepper and cinnamon ~ this will aid digestion and produce heat in the body.
Let it cool down then add teaspoon of honey (do NOT put honey in hot milk) or you can add some other sweetener of your choice maple or agave syrup
Turmeric can have contraindications with certain medicines so make sure you contact your doctor if you’re on some long term medication.