I took my first yoga class in 2004 starting with Iyengar yoga and Hatha Flow. After my first yoga class I felt in high spirits, peaceful and content within myself. I found it very challenging, but also very rewarding. As a result in 2008 I decided to take a break from my extremely busy schedule and concentrate on furthering my yoga practice. To this date I am fully qualified with 500 hours RYT Teacher Training, have teaching experience since 2009 and have successfully attended several silent meditation courses.
My yoga style is with emphasis on the breath, the ability of being in touch with our innermost being, the flow of the movement contained by the breath and body. I believe that our breath is our engine and by being able to tap into it we are capable of achieving our complete capacity.
I tend to be instructive about awareness of different parts of the body and its alignment. My style varies from gentle to challenging, building progression through asana at all levels.
I believe that yoga should be open to anyone without judgement.
I am a dedicated student of the Vipassana meditation tradition as taught by S.N. Goenka in the tradition of Sayagyi U Ba Khin. I have experienced personal transformation with my regular meditation practice and in yoga tend to bring this meditative awareness, compassion and loving kindness towards the mind and body.
I am also organizer of Yoga Retreats in Croatia:
Here is an outline of my up to date yoga-life journey:
- 2004. My first ever class in Ireland, Dublin with a dear, kind, funny and extensively experienced Iyengar yoga teacher Greg Walsh from Samadhi.ie
- 2008/9: Gained qualifications in Hatha Yoga 200 Hours from Randall O’Leary Jungle Yoga in Thailand, Koh Phangan
- 2009: Lived in Thailand Koh Phangan; teaching yoga in resorts, and to private clients
- 2009: Certified in completing ‘The Chakra Healing’ Course at the Yoga Retreat with Teresa Kennard: foundation in 8 limbs of yoga, asanas, pranayama, relaxation, meditation, philosophy, and chakra therapy
- 2009: 10 day silent meditation retreat at Wat Kow Tahm (Mountain Cave Monastery) International Meditation Center in Thailand, Koh Phangan
- 2009/10: First 10 day silent meditation course, Ireland: Vipassana Meditation as taught by S.N. Goenka in the tradition of Sayagyi U Ba Khin
- 2009 – Currently: teaching yoga classes and workshops in Ireland, UK, Croatia, India
- 2010: Second 10 day silent meditation course, Ireland: Vipassana Meditation as taught by S.N. Goenka in the tradition of Sayagyi U Ba Khin
- 2011: Attended Omkarandanda, Rishikesh, India; 2nd Teacher Training Course: gained 500 hours Teacher Training Diploma from Association for Yoga and Meditation India (member of international yoga federation)
- 2011: Attended Yoganga Retreat, Haridwar, India: 120 hours The Clinical Yoga & Ayurveda Basic Course – lived in Santosh Puri Ashram for 5 weeks
- 2011: Third 10 day silent meditation course, India, Dehradun: Vipassana Meditation as taught by S.N. Goenka in the tradition of Sayagyi U Ba Khin
- 2012 Fourth 10 day silent meditation course, UK, Hereford : Vipassana Meditation as taught by S.N. Goenka in the tradition of Sayagyi U Ba Khin
- 2013: The creation of Adriatic Yoga.com
- 2014: First organised Yoga Retreat with my first yoga teacher Greg Walsh from Samadhi.ie
- 2015: Continuous work with Adriatic Yoga.com: hosting yoga teachers and groups from IRL, UK and USA
- 2015: Fifth 10 day silent meditation course, UK, Hereford: Vipassana Meditation as taught by S.N. Goenka in the tradition of Sayagyi U Ba Khin
- 2015/16: Seven month residency in Mysore, India. Studying Ashtanga Yoga system at the KPJAYI, but mostly and dearly with Vijay Kumar in Laxmipuram